The Pint Project
Drekker Brewing has always been more than just the contents of a glass. It’s about what happens when a few of those glasses get raised together. We’re big believers in the power of public and local art and are dedicated to supporting passionate, talented folks behind it. We’re positive that by channeling the energy that already exists behind local art and craft beer, we can create an unstoppable force for good in our community.
This project began by searching for that force for good and we found it in the Lend a Hand UP program; A program providing help and hope to families facing medical crisis. Over the last 11 years they’ve raised over $13.5 million and helped over 450 families in and around our community.
From there, we brainstormed on a creative and fun way to to give our community something truly “North of Normal.” Soon, the Pint Project was born and we now begin our search for talented artists like yourselves.
We’re on the hunt for crafty talent to join us in this cause. Throughout the month of February, we will providing a pint glass for local artists to turn into a stunning piece of art. There are really no rules – you’re free to do whatever you’d like with it. Add, melt, crack, bust, fill, paint, invert, spill, subtract, no limits! While you’re getting those glasses all artified, we’ll be preparing for an awesome party that caps it all off on March 29th.
The Pint Project gala will be hosted at Drekker Brewing Company and from 5pm-9pm all of the contributed pieces will be auctioned off to the public (silent auction). 100% of those auction proceeds and $1 of every brew purchased goes directly to Lend a Hand Up with match funding provided by Dakota Medical Foundation! So 200% of everything raised will be distributed to local families in medical crisis through the Lend A Hand Up program!
The Pint Project gala is completely open to the public (21+) with a $5 recommended donation at the door.
Looking to get involved or have questions? Stellar! Fill out the form at the bottom of this page! If you have any questions please contact Adam Schumacher
Lastly – help us spread the word by using #PintProject!
The Nitty Gritty:
• Glasses are unlabeled 16oz “Willi Becher” pint glasses. (In case you wanted a visual of the glass)
• Anyone can participate in the artwork but we are limiting contribution to the first 50 entries.
• The pint glasses will supplied by Drekker Brewing and are available for pick at any time. (Max of 2 glasses per artist)
• Completed art pieces must dropped off between February 28th and March 2nd from 8am to 10pm. Please include your name, the name of piece (if there is one), and where you’re from.
• There are no size limitations on pieces. Please contact Adam Schumacher with specific display requirements or with any questions pertaining to the Unpillage Pint Project or space.
• All contributed pieces will be on display from March 8th to 29th.
• All pieces will be put up for silent auction purchase at the Pint Project gala on March 29th.
• Artists may be of any age but the silent auction and gala is limited to those 21 and over.
• All artwork will be given to the winning bidder the night of the event after payment is received. (Must be present to win).
• Any non-purchased art will be returned to the artists the night of the event.
For your time and talent:
• Receive free gallery space for your piece and room for any relevant contact information you wish to provide (business card size)
• Highlighted posts of your piece, your name, and your social media tags on Drekker Brewing’s Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram feeds
• Priority sign-ups for future Drekker Art Wall openings. (We host local artists on our walls year round).
• Oh, and free drinks for all contributing artists the night of the gala. Pretty neat.
By clicking “Submit” I agree to the Terms and Conditions